All of the opening systems of Goppion’s display cases are based on the articulated quadrilateral, a kinematic chain composed of four rigid arms connected in pairs.
Thanks to the use of the articulated quadrilateral, all opening devices:
- are inside the structure and not visible or accessible from outside;
- offer perfect parallelism between the planes of the moving part and the fixed part when the display case is being closed;
- exert uniform pressure on the airtight gasket along the rabbet planes;
- avoid harmful stress on the gasket mentioned above, increasing its lifetime;
- greatly facilitate movements for all openings, even large ones;
- exhibit high load capacity;
- do not allow rotating parts to protrude.
Goppion's display case opening movements include:
- rotation around a horizontal axis with tilting door;
- rotation around a vertical axis;
- horizontal translation and removal;
- vertical translation, also called lifting;
- horizontal slide;
- horizontal slide with inclined door.