Since the beginning, the Laboratorio Museotecnico Goppion has carried out research in collaboration with important national and international bodies and organizations that work in the fields of conservation and museum displays.
Currently, we work with the following on specific projects:
- Service des Musées de France, Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musées de France (C2RMF).
This four-year collaborative project is focused on the theme of the display case as a tool for the preventative conservation of the works on display.
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR).
This inter-departmental collaborative project is focused on the development of the display case as a tool for preventative conservation and presentation of works.
- Università degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Chimica.
This project is focused on the emissions of harmful substances identified via gas chromatography analysis and the subsequent testing of display case construction materials via mass spectrometry. There’s also a focus on identifying potential alternative materials.
- Università degli Studi di Padova, Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Edile e Ambientale.
This three-year collaborative project is focused on display systems with an emphasis on their use in earthquake zones. In this project, standard systems are to be developed and individual cases are to be studied so as to adapt to local seismic conditions, the structural characteristics of the museum and the placement of the works inside the museum itself.
- Goppion has been an ICOM Italia partner since 2011.